Friday, August 24, 2012

Experiment: "Ranch Dressing" Eat to Live Style

My plan is to get in a ton of salads and raw veggies next week. Unfortunately I get tired of vinagrette dressing. Plus it's still so much oil - which I'm trying to stay away from. So let's give this "ranch" dressing with cashews a shot.

I made a small portion because the cashews from Good Foods Co-op were sooooo good that I didn't want to waste them if this didn't turn out.

1/2 cup unsalted cashews
3/8 cup almond milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil

Blend  the first four ingredients until you have a smooth creamy texture. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until incorporated.  Final product:




Verdict on taste? Still out. It is in the fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment